top of page
  • Writer's pictureKevin

H1B Transfer Process for Consultants and Contractors on W2

H1B transfer is the process of changing an employer while continuing to work in the United States on an H1B visa. Here are the steps involved in the H1B transfer process:

  1. Find a new employer: The first step is to find a new employer who is willing to sponsor your H1B visa transfer. This can be done through networking, job search websites, or recruiters.

  2. Get a job offer: Once you have found a new employer, they will need to provide you with a job offer letter detailing your job duties, salary, and start date.

  3. File the H1B transfer petition: The new employer will file an H1B transfer petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf. The petition should include the job offer letter, your current H1B approval notice, and other supporting documents.

  4. USCIS processing: The USCIS will review the H1B transfer petition and decide whether to approve or deny it. The processing time can vary from a few weeks to several months.

  5. Join the new employer: Once the H1B transfer petition is approved, you can start working for the new employer. You will need to provide your new employer with the new H1B approval notice.

It is important to note that you can start working for the new employer as soon as the H1B transfer petition is filed with the USCIS. This is known as H1B portability, which allows you to work for a new employer while the transfer petition is pending. However, if the transfer petition is denied, you will have to stop working immediately and leave the country.

Hireblox can help you throughout the process of H1B transfer and finding you a potential future employer, so do not hesitate to contact us.

3 views0 comments


bottom of page